Empowered Sexuality – A New Women’s Group
I’ve been asked to create a space where women can meet and talk and share and learn and grow.
- A place where they can talk about sex and relationships and pleasure and shame and fear
- A place where they can connect with other women
- A place where they can grow and learn more about themselves
There is power in sharing
There is power in connection
There is power in talking about things (especially things we don’t normally talk about in “polite society”).
People don’t talk about sex. When they do it’s often in an exaggerated way (because no one wants to be the only one who is having mediocre sex) or a complaint (i.e. “I’m not getting enough sex!”). I’ve seen how powerful it can be to have a room of women talking honestly about sex and intimacy. I’m not talking about bitching or venting or male bashing. I’m talking about honestly sharing our desires and fears and questions and disappointments and satisfaction. Where do you get to do that?
This summer’s Heart Centered Sexuality Retreat was so amazing that Ami Opal and I immediately started talking about how we would partner next. We do plan to offer our retreat again (probably in the new year). We wanted something that was ongoing, a format where we could witness the growth from month to month. Ami and I have helped hundreds of women improve their sex lives and increase intimacy. We are passionate about this topic and very excited about creating a community of women.
Thus Empowered Sexuality was born.
This is a group that meets once a month for 4 months. It’s a closed group so the same women come each month, that way you have time to get to know one another and develop a comfortable, connecting space.
What can I expect each month?
- The group will decide on a topic for the evening – something in the realm of relationships, intimacy or sexuality. (Possible topics may include: desire, sensuality, getting out of your head and into your body, getting sex on your radar, spicing up sex in a long term relationship, body image, etc)
- You will discover tangible ways to deepen intimacy, increase pleasure, and be more present in your body (and in the bedroom).
- Julie and Ami will share their expertise about the topic and ask questions that will foster self-reflection and help you uncover what you really want.
- The group will be able share personal information, ask questions and really shape each meeting (sharing is at each members’ own comfort level).
- There will be exercises and journaling each group.
- There will be things to work on between groups and we will check in about them when we meet the following month.
- Through the group process you will learn that you are normal or typical or not alone.
- There will be room for growth, emotions, sharing, connection and laughter – this will be a FUN group!
Who should attend this group?
Women who want to learn more about sex, relationships, intimacy or themselves.
Women who want to improve their sex-lives.
Women who want to deepen their relationships.
Women who want to live more lusciously.
Women who want to connect with other like-minded women.
Women who are looking for community.
Women who want accountability and a place that will help them shift and grow.
Sound like your kind of a group? I hope you will consider joining us on this journey!
Find all the details (fee, time, how to register) for this group on my events page.
This group is limited to 8 participants so reserve your spot soon!
Ami Opal, N.D. is a physician who takes care of the organs of creation and reproduction in the female body. Through hands on work with bones, muscles, fascia, and the energetics of the body, Dr. Opal’s unique approach is directed at unraveling old patterns of disease, both physical and emotional. Ami’s work helps women connect with themselves through their pelvic space, abdomen, and heart. Ami enjoys helping her patients find more space in their bodies, more room for joy, and greater ease and depth of self expression. Dr. Opal graduated from the National College of Naturopathic Medicine in 2001 and is the co-owner of Yew Medicine, a clinic in North Portland.
Julie Jeske, M.S. is a sex and relationship counselor who helps people increase intimacy, passion and sexual satisfaction. She loves helping women uncover their sexuality. She is skilled at helping couples spice up their sex lives and deepening their connection. She frequently contributes to online articles, magazine articles and TV segments. Her forthcoming book is titled: You Don’t Have to be a Sexy Tiger: Discover YOUR Sexual Self. Julie received her MS in Couples, Marriage and Family Counseling from Portland State University. She has a private practice in NE Portland and believes we all deserve a healthy, fulfilling sex life.